Thursday, May 23, 2013

My NYC Gatsby Wedding!

Every girl dreams about her wedding day. Well, most of us do anyway. So when the time was finally right for my fiance and I to wed after 7 years of relationship, I wanted to show my unique style through our big day. It was time for me to start planning. Where would I start?

Meanwhile, around my city (I'm from New York) the glamour of Baz Luhrmann's film The Great Gatsby movie was being felt through the numerous ads on tv, billboards, buses, trains, not to mention social media. I was fascinated by this age which gave us jazz and gave me the birth of my grandfather in 1928.

With all the fuzz about the movie, I quickly learned about Tiffany & Co.'s "Jazz Age Glamour" celebration which created an "exquisite" line of jewelry for the Gatsby movie. I had found my "something old" and decided to get inspired...


OUR BIG DAY!





I told my husband, "We even match with the bench and the walls" ^_^
Our photographer Mr. Braulio Cuencas captured by the lens.


At the "Wedding Garden" right outside the City Clerk's office.
My sparkly shoes...



El jardin de bodas...

A kiss... <3
Outside Chambers Street Station

141 Worth Street - Marriage Bureau



1 comment: