Friday, December 2, 2011

"Bad" Drawing

Deformation of the figure: "Club foot"
My second son Diego was born with a condition called club foot. This is a condition which makes a foot have a tendency to shift inward like a golf club. Hence the name: club foot. The specific causes for the clubbing are unknown, but advances in orthopedics, and physical therapy have almost eliminated any future setbacks in mobility. It is known that it affects twice as many boys as it does girls and in most children it will appear in both feet. Fortunately, Diego had only one. His right foot, a lot like the drawing seen above.



Non - Art Resource: "MTA Bus Handle"
I have always been attracted to mechanical & industrial shapes. This is a Q39 bus rail handle that caught my attention while on a commute from LaGuardia C.C. to Ridgewood. Its design allows it to swing from side to side following the bus' every rhythm. Try to hold on tight, the driver's a maniac! Wouldn't want you to fall.




Art Resource: Seated Woman by Willem de Kooning

When I went to see de Kooning: A Retrospective at MoMA, I was immediately embraced by this painting. I decided to draw it and actually lost track of time as I followed and imitated each acute line carefully thought out and displayed by the artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment